home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Tests....

I apologize that it's been so long since I've posted anything on here! I've been sick the past week and a half and things have just been pretty busy around here. I took Lincoln to the hospital yesterday, the first time I've been back to St. Joe since Lincoln was discharged it was SO weird! Lincoln had to get a Barium swallow test done to see if he had any kind of reflux. He hasn't been eating very well and is spitting up quite a bit, choking a lot, coughing and these are all signs of acid reflux. So we get to the hospital and check in and get all ready and the radiologist comes in to ask when Lincoln had eaten last and I told him about an hour and a half ago. The problem was, Lincoln needed to be really hungry to do the test because he has to drink this yucky Barium stuff. So after already waiting quite awhile, we had to go wait for another hour in the waiting room for Lincoln to get hungry! That was a long hour because once he did start getting hungry he was hard to console and just cried.

So he finally had the test done and they could tell right away that there weren't any problems with constant reflux. The Dr. said he could have a little bit of reflux every once and awhile but he didn't see any problems. Which is great! But it doesn't explain why Lincoln isn't eating well and having some of these problems. So we'll see what my Dr. wants to do next.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the test came out well and that it isn't severe reflux. I think preemies just have reflux issues. :) I'm sorry you are having to deal with all that, though. I know I used to worry so much about Ori when it looked like half of his feedings shot right out of his mouth and he needed to gain weight! I'm just so thankful that both of our little boys were/are healthy in other aspects (I had to remind myself of that a lot when Ori's reflux was so bad). Hope you are feeling better, too!

    ReplyDelete