home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Monday, November 23, 2009

So Thankful

I don't really know if anyone reads this anymore since I've been so horrible about keeping it up to date but I'll keep posting anyways. Things have been a bit crazy around here lately. Both Tyler and I have been sick this past week (and Lincoln still hasn't gotten sick ever! yay!). I'm pretty sure it's because of the amazing power of breastmilk! I hate how our life just falls apart here at home when either of us is sick. Mainly when I'm sick and can't keep up with housework. So this weekend was a "catch up" weekend and we caught up on things around the house. Our basement is starting to look more like a basement that's livable than just a dump. The flooring is done and we've been able to move our furniture back down there. The laundry room still needs flooring and the bathroom needs to be completely redone. The next step is to paint and put up the baseboards.

I must be crazy because while I was sick I just HAD to get the house decorated for Christmas! I thought I felt well enough to do it and then found out that I didn't. So the process of getting the tree up and everything took about 3-4 days. Oh well, it's done now and I LOVE it!

As Thanksgiving is in a few days, we have SOOO much to be thankful for this year. To start off we were blessed back in January to find out that we were going to be parents! That has been the best thing to ever happen to us. I'm thankful for the 5 months of normal pregnancy that I had. I'm thankful that I was able to finish my semester of student teaching before my water broke and that I was able to graduate with my Bachelor's even if I didn't get to attend. I can say this now, that I'm so thankful for my water breaking and for the 8 weeks of bedrest in the hospital. I never thought those words would come out of my mouth but God does amazing things when he brings you to the end of yourself and you find that, that's where He is just beginning and all the amazing things that he has in store for you. I'm thankful for all the things that I learned and experienced. I'm thankful for Lincoln and that he is doing well and not affected by the lack of water or being early. He brings so much joy to my life and I couldn't imagine life without him. I'm thankful for what this pregnancy did for our marriage. We had a good marriage before all this but now we both feel like it has strengthened our marriage so much and now it's a GREAT marriage. I feel like it was God's way of preparing both my individually and us as a couple for what he has in store for us this next year.

Tyler has been unhappy with his job for quite awhile and has been looking at something different to do for basically the last 3 years. So he is currently in the process of applying for another job that is the complete opposite of what he is doing now. It's a very long process and might mean a lot of changes for our family coming up. We are just trusting God and His will for Tyler's life and our family. So far He has opened all the doors to this career path and so, so far we feel like this is what God is calling Tyler to do. If you think about it you can be praying for us as we have to make some big decisions in the next 3-6 months. It's exciting and scary at the same time.

Well that's about all I have for right now. Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment