home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

loads of questions.....

So I'm sure you've got lots of questions about our announcement that I posted last week and then left to go on a trip and haven't said anything else about it.  We are pursuing this adoption but there are no guarantees with it.  There are a lot of things that need to go in our favor for this all to work out but God's got a plan and I'm not worried at all about how things will pan out.  I know that HIS plan will prevail and that this little boy will end up where he is supposed to - of course we hope and pray that he is supposed to end up with us! :) 

I always thought we would adopt internationally, and we still probably will someday.  I know a lot about the process and everything that goes with it from some close friends who have been through the process and filled us in along the way, and I know a little bit about domestic adoption.  Not as much but a little bit.  But I knew NOTHING about adopting through the foster system.  Really I had never considered it much.  Thankfully we've been able to meet with this little boy's foster parents and get the lo down on the foster system, how adopting through it works, what we need to do, etc.

From what we know so far, our requirements include taking 12, 3 hour sessions (36 hours total) of training, an application, home study and approval.  From there, we've done all we can and it's up to the state to decide the best fit family for him.  We are hoping to start the classes soon and get the application submitted as soon as we can so the home study can get started.  I've read that the home study can take up to 4-6 months so we need to get on that.

This little boy won't be available for adoption until he turns a year old.  His birthday is in July (almost exactly 1 year younger than Lincoln) :)  So that's kind of the timeline we're looking at with it all. 

I'm sure there are lots of other questions you all might have and if so feel free to leave them in the comments section and I'll answer them as they come.  Or you can shoot me an email thelincbetweenus @ gmail (.) com.


Also, on a completely different side note, I'm super excited to tell you that I am hosting another giveaway on my blog starting tomorrow! Be sure to check back during the day and enter it! 

Lincoln's Aunt Kelsey left this morning to head back to Nebraska and we are sad :(  We had a great time with her, even though Lincoln was sick for most of it.  Hope she comes back again soon to visit!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Marie! You two are such great parents, I can't imagine better parents for a little one. Lincoln would be such a good big brother. We'll be praying for God to work things out how He sees fit! Love the way you love Christ. I really miss you two!

    ReplyDelete