home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Monday, July 25, 2011

fall.

I'm already dreaming about Fall.  It's my favorite time of the year.  
I canNOT wait!  So many fun things about it.

cute boots
Football
pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING
cool evenings
warm Fall colors
Beautiful trees
schedules are back
Volleyball
Our favorite TV shows are back on :)
Cuddling on the couch with a soft blanket and hot cocoa
Soup
Cardigans
Scarves


This year our Fall is going to be very exciting and busy.  My belly will be growing rounder.  We are moving (same city just different houses).  And we HOPEFULLY will be welcoming a 1 year old boy to our family (we keep praying that it happens!). 

I used to be someone who wished time away.  Like when I was ten I couldn't WAIT until I was 16 so I could drive. Then I couldn't wait until I graduated and went to college.  Then I couldn't wait until that one weekend a month came when I could see that cute boy.  Then I couldn't wait until he proposed.  And I couldn't wait until I married the man of my dreams!  And then I couldn't wait to have babies (that one felt like the LONGEST since I made a promise to myself to graduate college first, and I made that goal and 2 months later Lincoln was born!).  I feel like I've "wished" my life away.  Never enjoying the here and now and always wanting the future to get here sooner.  The next "big" thing.

But that all changed the day I found out I was pregnant.  Ever since I've become a mom, I've NEVER wished away time.  I'm here.  I'm living my dream.  I have the best man as my husband and father of our child.  I am a mom.  I get to stay at home.  I am happy.  SO happy.  Time already goes way too fast when you have a child and I've actually wanted to do the opposite than I usually have and wanted to slow time down.  Hold up, I have a 2 year old already?!  How does that happen.  It's like he just wants to keep growing up.  Rude.  Can we rewind a bit?  No? Bummer. 

But I find myself getting impatient and wanting the Fall to be here.  For this baby to be here.  To find out about Baby J.  And then I stop and remind myself to live in the here and now and enjoy these last few months that it's just Linc man and I.  We will never have this time again.  And with the possibility of going from 1 kiddo to 3 kiddos, our lives are going to change dramatically.  So as much as I'm looking forward to Fall and all it will bring with it.  I'm super excited about today. 

Psalm 118:24
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

2 comments:

  1. I too wished the days away until I had my little one. Now time just goes by too fast. I would love a slow-mo button from time to time! Yay for fall, football and soup!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reminder to enjoy the todays of life! For the past several months, since feeling miserable with this pregnancy, I have wished time away. Thanks for the reminder to look for the positive and enjoy the good.

    ReplyDelete