home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Such a bittersweet holiday. 
sweet because we get to celebrate the moms in our lives.
bitter because it just serves as another reminder to those who have lost their mother, 
have a severed relationship with their mother and for those who desperately yearn
to be a mother. 

I'm so thankful to have a mom like I do.
She is one of my best friends and I love that we have the opportunity
to have that kind of relationship.


I'm also so thankful for my mother-in-law.
I was truly blessed with the best when I married Tyler.


But despite all these blessings, my heart is aching today.
Aching for those who would give anything just to see their mom one more time....for
a hug from her to say everything will be okay.
Aching for those who will smile at church when all the mother's stand up to be
recognized when inside they are crying tears of anguish and pain from all the years of battled infertility or loss of a child.
Aching for those who don't have a mom. Who are spending yet another day
in an orphanage, group home or in limbo in a foster home.  Wanting and needing, more than anything
a mother's love.


So today I do not take for granted the blessing that it is to be a mother and 
to have a mother.  

I'm praying that those who are hurting today will feel the warmth of God's embrace
today as he surrounds them with his love.



1 comment:

  1. Well said. Today we celebrate the dream of being, having & loving a mother. I hope your boys celebrated you right today.

    ReplyDelete