home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Random Happenings

Well today is my 27th day here in the hospital. (Not like I'm counting the days or anything)

Yesterday was nice enough that I was able to sit outside the front doors of the hospital for almost 2 hours (over my 90 minute limit, oops!) and just sit in my wheelchair and read. I also had some fun people watching. I saw three families go home with their newborn babies, that was really hard but I know my time is coming, it'll just take a little longer and much more waiting and patience than those moms probably had to go through. It was kind of funny though because I guess I didn't look like a patient and one of the hospitality workers came up and asked if I was waiting to get picked up and I told her I wasn't because I had to stay until I have my baby. I continued to tell her what happened and how long I've been here. She apologized for thinking I was leaving or just someone who saw a wheelchair sitting out there and decided to sit and use it! She's like, "I was going to have to ask you to get up because the wheelchair is hospital property." I guess from where she was standing she couldn't see my hospital bracelet and since I was wearing normal clothes I can see where she might be a little confused. It was so nice though to be outside for THAT long!

Tonight is our second Childbirth Preparation Class. I'm excited because that means I've been here another week! Now hopefully I can make it to all 4 of the classes.

A friend of ours came to visit yesterday and gave me the devotional "Streams in the Desert." I've heard of it but never read through it. I started it yesterday and the devotion for the day was just so perfect for what we're going through right now I wanted to share it.

"If a person allows it, he can find something at every turn of the road that will rob him of his victory and his peace of ind. Satan is far from retiring from his work of attempting to deceive and destroy God's children. At each milestone in your life, it is wise to check the temperature of your experience in order to be keenly aware of the surrounding conditions.
If you will do this and firmly exhibit your faith at the precise moment, you can sometimes actually snatch victory from the very jaws of defeat.
Faith can change any situation, no matter how dark or difficult. Lifting your heart to God in a moment of genuine faith in Him can quickly alter your circumstances.
God is still on His throne, and He can turn defeat into victory in a split second, if we will only trust Him. "

"God is mighty! He is able to deliver;
Faith can victor be in every trying hour;
Fear and care and sin and sorrow be defeated
By our faith in God's almighty, conquering power.

Have faith in God, the sun will shine,
Though dark the clouds may be today;
He heart has planned your path and mine,
Have faith in God, have faith alway."

1 comment:

  1. Such wisdom! Keep leaning hard on the Lord. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete