home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Thursday, August 27, 2009

We're Home!!



Aunt Kelsey holding her nephew
Grandma and Grandpa Rempel

Okay so we've been home as a family of 3 now for over a week and I'm just now getting around to posting about it. Hmmm.....for some reason my time is not my own anymore! :) That's a good problem to have I'd say! Tyler took off all of last week to help me out and for all of us to get adjusted to having Lincoln home and then went back to work this week. I thought it would be a lot harder than it has been being by myself with Lincoln. It's been a long week 1/2 though, getting used to NOT sleeping much at all! Lincoln still eats every 3 hours so after his 9pm feeding we all start thinking about going to bed and hopefully get in an hour before we (or I) get up at midnight again to feed him. Then lay Lincoln down and I get to pump for another 20 minutes! yay! Usually Lincoln is so good about going right back to sleep. It was only the first few nights that he was a little fussy and just wanted to be held all night. After I'm done pumping, I head back to bed and get about 2 more hours of sleep and wake up at 3am to feed and pump again. Then the next part is my favorite part of the night because since Tyler is getting up around 6am anyway he has offered to get up and feed Lincoln so I can get some more sleep! I then get to sleep (most of the time) until Lincoln wakes up for his 9am feeding! That is the one good thing about bottle feeding (Daddy can do it too!) . We're still working on breastfeeding and Lincoln is slowly getting the hang of it, I think it's going to take a few more weeks though.

Last Saturday Grandpa and Grandma Rempel and Aunt Kelsey came down to see and hold Lincoln. He was so happy to see them! Grandma Rempel also came down these past two days to help me out a little and get some more time with lil Lincoln. We loved having her here!

So far things are going really well. My heart is just overflowing with joy right now as I look at Lincoln everyday and think about all the God has done for us over these past 3 months! Lincoln is a constant reminder of trusting God in ALL situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment