home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September 2 - Lincoln's Due Date

Our first family picture the day after Lincoln was born. 3 lbs 6.8oz 15 3/4 inches
These other two pictures were taken yesterday and earlier this week.

Today is finally Lincoln's due date! I can't hardly believe this day is here and Lincoln is almost 2 months old. When we first got pregnant this is definitely not how I thought things would end up. Lincoln has sure come a long way since he was born and is over 7 lbs now. We are so blessed to have him and my heart just swells with joy as I stare at him all day long! I'm so honored that God chose to use us to show his amazing power and faithfulness. Lincoln is truly a miracle and I can't wait to see what God has in store for his life. I look at Lincoln and see the fingerprints of God all over him!

I can't even imagine what our lives would be like had none of this happened and I was still enormously pregnant and eagerly awaiting the arrival of little (or not quite as little as he was!) Lincoln. In my own mind that would've been the best way for all this to turn out. But that's just the thing, we all have it in our minds what the best way for a situation to turn out would be and if it doesn't turn out that way then it's wrong. But God's ways are not our ways. I'm so thankful that he decides how things are going to turn out and not me. Although it wasn't "ideal" it was his best for us. He can see things that we cannot and there is a reason why he allowed my water to break, for Lincoln to be born early, and for me to get sick. Sometimes he allows us to see why he has things happen to us but sometimes we won't understand completely this side of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment