home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Living Each Day As If It Were My Last

That is what I have tried to aim for this past year after all that we went through and today was just a huge reminder of how God really did spare mine and Lincoln's life.  I hate that we are so far removed from what all happened last summer that I start to take days for granted and time with Lincoln for granted. 

After many phone calls to our Doctor in Wichita and a trip to Hastings to see a new Doctor we finally figured out why Lincoln was throwing up so violently.....a bad ear infection!  Poor little guy has probably had it for awhile and until he started throwing up this morning he had no other symptoms (he started pulling on his ear this morning too).  So since it was a new Doctor I had to fill him in on all that happened last summer.  When I got to the part about me getting H.E.L.L.P. syndrome he looked at me very seriously and told me I was very lucky to be sitting here holding my baby.  If that's not a reminder of how lucky I am to be here I don't know what is.  I guess I shouldn't say "lucky" because it was "luck" that I survived that horrible syndrome it was all God.  He knew that I would get it and that it wouldn't be what would take me home.  I take comfort in Psalms 139:14-16

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.  When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.  All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Only God knows when it's our time and I'm thankful that it wasn't my time yet.  On that same note this is the verse that allows me to support Tyler in his new career choice.  Our days are numbered even if he was sitting behind a desk and had the safest job on earth he still has to travel to and from work.  God won't take him a day or second before he is supposed to go and I know this isn't the "happiest" of topics to think about but it's true and that verse up there is my comfort and what I lean on.  I fully put my husband's safety in God's hands and completely trust him there.  That is how I support my husband and I'm so proud of him and what he is doing. 


This is what Lincoln was like between spurts of puking today!  You wouldn't even be able to tell he had just projectile vomited all over himself and me!
As the one year anniversary comes up of when my water broke and this whole ordeal started, I am so thankful for everything that has happened, for our health and how he has grown our family and knit us so tightly.  Although the road my be hard the reward is great.  How GREAT is our God!

1 comment:

  1. I'll never forget anxiously watching facebook and checking your blog about 20 times a day, worrying about YOU after Lincoln was born! Still so thankful that you're both healthy and happy.

    ReplyDelete