home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

unfortunate possible connection?

So I've been doing some research on hellp syndrome/preeclampsia and have come across some new research that suggests that it might be possible that women who have a Vitamin D deficiency are being linked to pre E and hellp. 

My possible correlation?  Vitamin D comes from both foods and sun exposure.  Last summer I was inside ALL summer.  No sun.  None.  Was I Vitamin D deficient?  I don't know for sure but with no sun I'm guessing yes.  Was this the cause?  Who knows but it's an interesting connection. 

So all you pregnant women make sure you are getting Vitamin D!  It can't hurt!

1 comment:

  1. interesting! did you have a daily vitamin while you were there?

    ReplyDelete