home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Monday, October 18, 2010

lions, tigers and bears....oh my!

Last Monday was Columbus Day and Tyler had the day off so we decided to go to the zoo!  It was a PERFECT day for the zoo.  It was cloudy, about 70 degrees (sprinkled for about 5 minutes but after that was great) and since it was cooler out all the animals were out and active!  I had never been when so many animals were out and about.  This was the first time that Lincoln actually showed some interest in the animals.  That made it so much more fun.  His favorite part was the aquarium and especially the sharks!  He was able to get up close to the glass and look in and just watched them for quite awhile. 

Polar Bear out enjoying the waterfall :)
King of the Mountain
Lincoln looking at the Lion
I love how pretty all the leaves are this time of year!
Lincoln and I in the "petting zoo" area
LOVED this one!
and this one!
The cheetah's would walk around in a circle.  We stayed and watched for a good 15 minutes.
This was the best picture I could get of Lincoln and the sharks.  The room was so dark my camera couldn't focus really well. 
At another aquarium
It's hard to see but there's a "Dori" (sp?) fish from Finding Nemo
The flamingos posed for me
Giraffes
Lincoln was more interested in his graham cracker than the giraffes
I think there were supposed to be wolves back there somewhere
Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer!
They weren't doing camel rides this day :(

We had such a fun time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment