home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas in nebraska {part 3}

We are both blessed to have so much of our extended family living in Nebraska (for the most part).  Unfortunately though, both Tyler's huge extended family on his Dad's side and my huge extended family on my Dad's side both got together for Thanksgiving and since we weren't able to come back for Thanksgiving, we missed out on seeing everybody.  :(  My mom's side of the family was still able to get together so we had fun going over to my Grandparent's house to celebrate Christmas.  We ate a yummy steak dinner, wonderfully prepared by Grandma, opened presents and then finished the night out playing some Bunco!  Now if you haven't played Bunco and are looking for a game that ANYone can play, you've found your game.  It takes no skill or strategy, all you have to do is roll the dice and try to get the "Trump number."  Lincoln had fun walking around to all the tables of people while we were playing and then trying to sneak into Great Grandma's cupboards while mommy wasn't looking.

Here is Riley and Lincoln while we were eating.  Riley is my youngest cousin on this side and she has quite the personality.  You'll see a picture down farther or her putting on a little performance for the group. Oh, and she LOVES Lincoln a lot!


Grandma holding Lincoln before opening presents


Hanging around with Grandpa


My cousin Bryce and Linc man


For a little while, during our Bunco game, Lincoln sat on Great Grandpa's lap and read books


Sitting on Great Uncle Bob's lap (my mom's brother for those of you who aren't family and read the blog, thought I'd help ya out a little, hehe)


Trey and his awesome duct tape....man the things my brother can make out of duct tape still amazes me!


My cousin Kait and her new hubby Dan

Lincoln thought my cousin Kilah needed a little help unwrapping her gift.


Here's Riley doing her performance for us, she recited a pretty long part of Romeo and Juliet....I was impressed!



All the cousins with Grandma and Grandpa.  Us four older girls sitting in front of our significant others :)


Our annual "older girls" picture - I think our Grandparents were wondering if they were ever gonna get a Grandson after all four of us girls were born within 3 years :)

And that concludes our Christmas's this year....oh but don't worry I've got LOTS of pictures and posts coming up with our fun Wichita trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment