home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Monday, January 24, 2011

heart felt wreath

So I've been itchin' to start some kind of craft project lately and when I saw this heart wreath I just knew I wanted to try it!  


I saw the idea and tutorial at The Idea Room.  This wreath is simple to make but a bit more time consuming than I thought.  Although I did get it done in 3 days, I only worked at it for a short time each day.  

All you need is:
-about 3/4 yard of red felt.  When the lady was cutting it for me it was at the end of the scane and so she gave me the rest of it for 1/2 off so I got a total of 1 1/2 yards of the felt.  I didn't use it all though. 
- an old cup or plastic cup to trace around to make about 3 inch circles.  
-marker
-scissors
-straight pins
and a
-styrofoam heart shaped wreath

There are just a couple of the MANY circles I traced and cut out...

Then take the individual circle, fold it in half and then fold it in half again to look like this:

Then just start pinning the folded circles to the wreath (I was very thankful for my acrylic nails for this project, those pins were hard to push in with just my thumb so I just used my nail to push it in, cause I'm a wimp!)
Almost done.....!

And here is the finished product!!!!
And to quote one of my favorite little girls, Fallyn,  I "LURVE" it! 
I absolutely love, love, love how it turned out!  I was a little unsure at first if I was gonna like it at all because I'm not really and "heart" type of girl and don't really decorate a whole lot for Valentine's Day but I think it helped that I chose a dark red fabric and not just a bright red. 

Now every time I walk by it, I'm still messing with it since I keep seeing some parts that are sticking out more than others but that's just cause I'm crazy like that (actually I'm usually not OCD about that stuff but for some reason this wreath made me OCD over it!)

So what are some of the crafty things you are making for Valentine's Day?  I'd love to see other ideas, since I'm done with this one I need something new to do! :)

3 comments:

  1. That is the exact wreath I am hoping to make this year. Glad you tried it and that it turned out so cute! I hope I can do as good as you did! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job marie! julie and i want to make that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! My sister wants wreaths like that made of fresh flowers in the shape of their initials to hang on the reception doors for her wedding. I say we make felt ones that are cheaper and last a lot longer! Thanks for sharing. (Jennie H)

    ReplyDelete