home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter weekend recap.....pt. II


I'm guest blogging for the first time over at "oh what a day it is today"  Click HERE to go check it out!

[warning - this post contains lotsa pictures.....!] :)

{saturday}
We spent the first part of our weekend with Tyler's awesome family.  We spent Saturday playing a Wii tournament, decorating cookies, hunting for Easter eggs, eating a scrumptious supper [or dinner to Sarah, :) what do all you guys call your evening meal?]


Tyler won the Wii tournament and got the awesome prize of a cadbury egg!

We decorated lots of bunny, chick, and egg cookies

 guess who found the chocolate?

Tyler with his sister, Kelsey and brother, Jarrod

Great Grandpa came over just in time for the egg hunt!

Kelsey and the bug net - she's gonna kill me for putting this on here :)

Tyler's sister Kelsey, Me and Jarrod's girlfriend Sarah who we finally got to meet!

 
{sunday}
After church on Sunday we had lunch at my Grandma W.'s house, Lincoln got to have another Easter egg hunt, Grandma Hunni and Grandpa got him a new trike that he doesn't want to stop riding, had supper with my family at Grandma Hunni's house and the day went way too fast!

Lincoln was getting a little tired as you can see in the picture....but isn't his hat just precious? oh my, I love it.


trying on some shoes

I found another one!

come on guys, lets go!

Had to help Aunt Hope get her shoes on


My beautiful sis and I

Lincoln asked Grandpa how big he can get his mouth ;)

Sweet as Hunni(cutts) :)

the new trike that Lincoln road all over the house
 Of course we had a great time this weekend and soaked up all the family time we could get but Easter isn't about that.  Easter is a time for us to remember the great sacrifice our Savior made for us on the cross.  He paid the ultimate price by bearing the sins of all of us by dying on the cross and then raising again.

He loves us more than I can even comprehend and this song just really describes it well.  Read the lyrics and then listen to the song by David Crowder.  Amazing to be loved like this.  I don't deserve it at ALL but he still LOVES me despite my failures.

He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us oh
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us oh,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

And we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.
And heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don't have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…

That He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

[scroll to the bottom of the page and pause my music to listen to the song]


4 comments:

  1. LoL.....DINNER. What I learned in NE this weekend: LUNCH to me is DINNER to others. And DINNER to me is SUPPER to others. I had a great time with you guys this weekend Marie! So glad to finally meet you (in person). I will be keeping you updated on the following: P90X, a couple crafts that I am doing this summer (got the wreath finished, fridge jean pocket pencil holder magnets, and my tee-shirt blanket), and our potential trip to Ohio this summer. <3 you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st- Love that Little People track. So want one!

    2nd- I go back & forth. Lunch is sometimes dinner. And supper is sometimes dinner. I think if its more formal vs informal I choose dinner as the word. Like "lunch" on Easter is Easter Dinner but I would go out with my friends for lunch. Or me & the kids at 6pm have supper but on a date, hubbs & I would go out for dinner. Make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you guys are having such a great time! and i LOVE that song, one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1 - You are seriously more beautiful than you have ever been Marie!!
    2 - I can't wait to dress a baby up next Easter!! I sat in church and just longed for it. Lincoln looks so cute!!
    3 - I can't wait to see you Thursday. xo!

    ReplyDelete