home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Friday, July 29, 2011

tubes, seeds and date night!

It has been almost 4 months since Lincoln got his tubes put in.  And it was probably the BEST decision we have ever made.  He has had almost no problems with getting infections since then.  All I have to do is look for drainage coming from his ears (as a sign of probable infection starting) and the doctor just prescribes some ear drops and it's cleared up.  JUST LIKE THAT!  No more antibiotics for this dude.  (knock on wood, haha)  I was getting scared about how often he was taking them and them not working.  So this solution has been absolutely wonderful.  I just wanted to follow up since I know you all were on the edge of your seats waiting to hear what we thought of the tubes.  Thought it'd be helpful for any of you with a kiddo who has lots of ear infections and you are debating whether or not to get tubes (like we were).  I'm chalking this one up as a success! 

Today is full of running errands all around town today.  Which equals lot of time in the car for Linc-man.  But I'm really excited because we get to try out his new cds that he got with some of his birthday money.  They are called "Family Worship Seeds" and they have different ones like, Seeds of Faith, Seeds of Courage, Seeds of Character etc.  It's verses set to music.


I'm going to start playing it at nap time and before bed for him and I bought one for the car as well.  It'll hopefully help both of us memorize the verses.  Which has fallen by the way side lately for me.  I really need to get back into memorizing scripture. 

And I'm SUPER duper excited because tonight is date night!  Tyler and I are trying to squeeze in as many dates as possible before we possibly have 3 kiddos, cause then getting someone to watch them will get a lot harder.  Right now we have an awesome set up with another couple who has a boy about the same age as Lincoln and we just trade off weeks.  We watched Lucas last week so they could go on a date and tonight they are watching Lincoln.  Best part, no one has to pay for a babysitter!  And we both get about 1-2 dates a month!  Talk about a win-win!  We were thinking about seeing a movie tonight but I want to see Crazy, Stupid Love and Tyler shot that down and he wants to see Cowboys and Aliens and I said, heck no!  So maybe a movie isn't such a great idea :)  No matter what I get to spend time alone with my man and I couldn't be more excited! 

Hope you all have a great weekend!  We are starting the house hunt tomorrow morning!  eeeek! 

1 comment:

  1. Haha my husband looked at me in disbelief when I asked him if he wanted to see Cowboys and Aliens for our next date night. I try to pick movies that look semi-interesting to me rather than make him suffer through a million rom-coms lol!

    ReplyDelete