home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Monday, January 21, 2013

menu plan monday

whew.  we survived.  there were moments last week were I didn't think we would.  kidding of course but man the boys and I both got hit hard with the same virus.  just affected us all differently.  The boys ended up with double ear infections which then turned into pink eye and I just had a terrible cold bug.  but we are all finally on the mend.  

our menu this week includes lots of good ole "go to's."  tomorrow i'm starting a 3 day detox so i'll have my own meals to eat through wednesday, but I spose i'll still cook for my boys :)  

Last Friday I was able to make an extra beef stroganoff casserole and freeze it.  I've never frozen one of those before so I'm interested how it'll turn out.  Also got a loaf of banana bread (of the 3 loaves I made today) in the freezer.  I love having a stocked freezer!  it's a tad of an obsession lately.  

I've been scouring pinterest of course but do any of you have any good freezer meals?  i'd love to hear em!


Monday:
Poppyseed Chicken
recipe from Marci Epp
6 cooked cut up chicken breasts
place chicken on bottom of 9x13 pan and salt and pepper
mix 2 cans cream of chicken, 1 tub sour cream and 1 cup milk

Pour over chicken
Crush 2-3 packages Ritz crackers and pour over top
Melt 2 sticks butter and pour over top
Sprinkle top with poppyseeds
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes uncovered


Tuesday:
Leftovers

Wednesday:
Chicken Pot Pie

Thursday:
Beef Stew in the Crockpot

recipe from Lynda
2 lbs stew meat (I use less to cut down on cost)
chopped onion
2 garlic cloves minced
1 Tb. worchestershire
1 bay leaf
1 tsp dried oregano
1 Tb salt
1 tsp. pepper
3-4 cups water
7 potatoes, peeled and quartered 
1 lb. carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
frozen peas (add the last 15 minutes before serving)

Throw all of it (except peas) into the crockpot cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours
Friday:
Buffalo chicken Sandwiches
Just throw 4-5 chicken breasts in the crockpot.
Dump half a jar of buffalo sauce and a packet of ranch
dressing over it and cook all day.  Shred the chicken and 
serve on buns.  Super easy and yummy!

Saturday:
Eat out

Sunday:
For our small group I think I'll make 
a Buffalo Chicken Dip i guess you could say
i'm on a buffalo kick. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment