home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Caedmon {3 months}

3 months old...
 You started smiling at 12 weeks.  About right since you were 5 weeks early.
I was starting to worry if you were EVER going to smile! 
But sure enough you just took your sweet time and now we get to
enjoy these sweet grins all day long. 
 You have graduated from the bassinet beside our bed to your 
HUGE crib.  Thankfully you haven't even noticed the difference.
 On that note you are sleeping SO well now. Averaging sleeping between 7-9 hours at night!  This is amazing!  This started right after I started letting you take as long of naps all day long as you wanted/needed.  Sometimes almost 5 hours!  But I'm now a very firm believer that sleep begets sleep.  Before that, I was so worried about you getting hungry that I would wake you up (if you slept through that 3 hours mark between feedings) to feed you.  Never again will I wake a sleeping baby! :) 
 My chunky monkey is now weighing in at 12 lbs 9oz.  
Remember I have little ole' Lincoln to compare him too, so this seems super chunky! 

You are still eating every 2-4(or 5!) hours during the day, and I love that time with you.  Such special time for a mommy to bond with her baby.  Most evenings you still cluster feed, meaning you eat every hour from 6-10.  Lots of time sitting on the couch for me....wowzers.   But it's awesome to know I am still burning 300-500 extra calories even when just SITTING.....breastfeeding ROCKS!  
Take THAT pregnancy fat! haha
 I have no idea how you learned this but after your last feeding at night I 
swaddle you up (yes you like that finally!) and lay you in your crib awake and you fall asleep on your own.  I only had to let you cry it out once (back when you were 8 weeks or so).  That's the only thing I can attribute to this.  You just know your momma is exhausted and needs you to go right to sleep, apparently :)  
 You wake up so happy in the mornings
 you love your carseat.  
thank goodness because we are out and about almost every morning.

 You have endured the first of what I'm sure will be many, rough "hugs" from big brother

You are my joy and I know God has big plans for your life.
I'm so blessed He chose me to be your mommy.

2 comments: