home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Monday, April 23, 2012

menu Plan monday {it's back!}

I totally fell off the face of the earth in terms of menu planning for like the past month,
or longer (gasp!) but I'm back and I've got some new recipes that I'm going to try out!

Here is what our week is going to {hopefully!} look like in terms of Supper...

Monday:
Spicy Chicken Rigatoni
recipe recommended by my friend Becky
and found via pinterest here

Tuesday:
9 layer Mexican Casserole
My mom-in-law made this while we were back
for Easter and it was super yummy!  
Recipe from their church cookbook...

1lb. ground beef
1 onion
2 T chili powder
8 corn tortillas
1 (15 oz) can chili beans (Chili-ets)
1 lb. Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
1 can rotel
1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
1 (10 oz) can cream of mushroom soup

Brown ground beef & onion.  Stir in chili powder.  In greased 9x13 pan, spread 3 T of soup.  Then layer in this order: 1/2 of meat mixture, 4 tortillas, 1/2 of meat mixture, beans, 4 tortillas, jack cheese, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and soup.  Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until bubbly.  

-Janet Nachtigal

Wednesday:
Chicken Milano
Recipe here
Yep we have this quite often, it's so yummy!
I'm taking it to a friend who just had her precious baby girl and so I'll just 
double the recipe and voila! dinner is ready for both families! :)

Thursday:
Chicken and Noodles over Mashed Potatoes

This one is SUPER easy and I'm going to try and make it even easy-ER by using Trader Joe's frozen mashed potatoes.  Hoping they work well for this!

Boil chicken breasts 45 minutes, take chicken out and shred.  Use same water to boil noodles and add more water if noodles aren't covered.
Once noodles are done, don't drain the water and add 1 can cream of chicken soup.  Serve over mashed potatoes.  Yum!

-Nancy Goodson

Friday:
Chicken and Biscuits
Recipe from Pinterest found here

Sat./Sun.:
leftovers/eating out

1 comment:

  1. Happy to see you eat chicken noodles over potatoes, too. Some people think it's weird that we do that in my family.... :)

    ReplyDelete