home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Monday, June 25, 2012

menu plan monday

Soooo....menu plan Monday has been absent for the past 2 weeks.  That's because we were gone for the first week and then this past week we got back on Tuesday and were sent home with LOTS of leftovers from Seth and Kelsey's wedding.  We're talking yummy brisket, teriyaki chicken, new potatoes, green beans and even wedding cake!  So that's been our meals for most of the week and now we're sick of it.  So the rest of it got put in the freezer for a rainy day and I'm back to planning our menu for this next week!
I'm excited to use my crockpot a lot this week and hopefully keep the kitchen a little cooler by
not using the oven as much!

So here's what's on the menu at our house this week...


Monday:
Cheesy Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
I'm excited to try this new recipe (thanks pinterest!) because it has
No mayo
No cream of anything
No sour cream
No cream cheese
yay for a healthy, yummy meal!

Tuesday:
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
This was one of my favorites that I made a month or 2 ago and
needed to bring it back, it was so good!
plus I've got all the ingredients on hand already so it's a no-brainer! duh!

Wednesday:
leftovers

Thursday:
Trying this recipe as it comes highly recommended by my friend Megan.

Friday:
Ranch Pork Chops in...you guessed it...the CROCKPOT! :)
This recipe is also a new one, wow lots of new recipes this week!

Saturday:
Creamy Chicken Pesto & Bowtie Pasta

Recipe on the back of a Philadelphia cooking cream tub :)
1lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut up into bite size pieces
1 cup frozen peas
1/3 cup red pepper strips
1 tub philadelphia creamy pesto cooking creme
2 cups hot cooked farfalle pasta
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

cooke and stir chicken in large nonstick skillet on med heat 5-7 min. or until done.  Add peas and peppers; cook 2-3 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.  Add cooking creme; cook and stir 2 min. Stir in pasta; top with mozzarella.  Drizzle lightly with fresh lemon juice just before serving.

Sunday:
Snack-y supper with our Life Group

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try out some of these recipes! thanks for sharing! I love menu planning!

    kalobandelise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete