home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Monday, September 10, 2012

Menu plannin' on this monday morning

I'm declaring that Fall is officially here!
I've pulled out my jeans and sweatshirts 
(even though it's far from cold enough to need a sweatshirt yet)
This past weekend I pulled out all the fall decor I own,
much to Tyler's dismay.  I think his exact comment when asked
how the decor looked was, "wow, we have a lot of pumpkins."
yes we do!  and I love it!  
I'm just waiting on my order of Krylon "looking glass" spray paint
to come in the mail so I can spray paint the majority of those pumpkins.
Some have already gotten their new make over with white spray paint
and I can't wait to put the two together!  
Oh how I love decorating and making new decor out of the stuff I already have.
I can thank my mom for this love :)
We both do the whole...
-pull out all the decorations
-randomly set things out where you think they will look good
-change it once or twice that same day
-wait a couple more days
-change it all again
-are finally happy with it
-and maybe change it one more time just for good measure :)

anyways, you came here thinking that I was going
to be sharing my menu plan for the week so I'll finally get around to it :)
My point with all the fall talk was that I am getting in the mood for lots of hearty, warm soups and crockpot meals.  
mmmmmmm.....my mouth is watering just thinking of all these delicious meals I get to have soon!

Oh and a side note:
never, I repeat NEVER, browse pinterest for recipes when you
are hungry.  It just makes you angry that you can't eat all
that delicious food right then and there. 
Not talking from experience or anything :)

So without further ado...

MONDAY:
Lasagna Primavera
recipe courtesy Megan Anthony :)
taking this meal to a friend who just had a baby

2T olive oil
3 cloves garlic
2 c. thinly sliced carrots
2 c. sliced zucchini
8 oz. mushrooms sliced
3/4 t. thyme
1/4 t. pepper
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) Ital. seasoned diced tomatoes drained
15 oz. Ricotta
1 egg
1/4 c. fresh parmesean
1 jar alfredo sauce
3/4 c. milk 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
3 c. moz. cheese

Oven 350
Heat oil.  Add garlic, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, thyme, pepper.  Cook 7 min. - veg. crisp/tender.  Remove from heat, add tomatoes.  Set aside.  Combine Ricotta, egg and parm.  Comgine alfredo and milk.  

3/4 alfredo on bottom of pan, 5 noodles, 1/2 ricotta, 1/2 veg 1/2 moz.  All of that X2

Remaining sauce on top.  Cover and bake 50 min.  Uncover 10 min.

Tuesday:
Beef Stew and cornbread 
recipe from Lynda
2 lbs stew meat (I use less to cut down on cost)
chopped onion
2 garlic cloves minced
1 Tb. worchestershire
1 bay leaf
1 tsp dried oregano
1 Tb salt
1 tsp. pepper
3-4 cups water
7 potatoes, peeled and quartered 
1 lb. carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
frozen peas (add the last 15 minutes before serving)

Throw all of it (except peas) into the crockpot cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours

Wednesday:
Poppyseed Chicken and green beans
recipe from Marci Epp
6 cooked cut up chicken breasts
place chicken on bottom of 9x13 pan and salt and pepper
mix 2 cans cream of chicken, 1 tub sour cream and 1 cup milk

Pour over chicken
Crush 2-3 packages Ritz crackers and pour over top
Melt 2 sticks butter and pour over top
Sprinkle top with poppyseeds
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes uncovered

Thursday:
haven't tried this one yet but it looks yummy!


Friday:
Chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes
recipe from Nancy Goodson

This one is SUPER easy and I'm going to try and make it even easy-ER by using Trader Joe's frozen mashed potatoes.  

Boil chicken breasts 45 minutes, take chicken out and shred.  Use same water to boil noodles and add more water if noodles aren't covered.
Once noodles are done, don't drain the water and add 1 can cream of chicken soup.  Serve over mashed potatoes.

Saturday:  
Probably eat out, Chipotle anyone? :)
I love it for Saturday night because we always have
a ton leftover for lunch on Sunday!

Sunday:
as always a snacky supper :)




No comments:

Post a Comment