home about me our story lincs i love contact me sponsors

Thursday, July 25, 2013

28 weeks.

hello?  anyone still there? :)  I've neglected this here blog for so long.  I haven't posted anything but weekly bump updates and those haven't even been weekly!  I think closer to once a month!  I miss it, things have just been super busy and I haven't had much to write about lately (well that I want to publicly share that is) :)

28 weeks
necklace is Origami Owl {of course!}


Thoughts: I can definitely tell that being a couple years older and pregnant is taking a toll on my body.  Mainly just because of the aches and pains that I'm experiencing this time around that weren't quite so bad with Caedmon and basically non-exsistent with Lincoln (he gave me enough problems with that pregnancy!) And this time around is the first time I've gotten all "the comments."  The "you must be having twins because wow you are big," "when are you due again?  it's gotta be soon!" and "that's one big baby in there."  I mean seriously?  I didn't feel self conscious about how big I was until those comments started coming.  I've gained more weight this time around than with Caedmon but I also started out 6 lbs lighter than I did with Caedmon so who knows.  

Baby:  he weighs about 2 1/2 lbs and is about 14 in. long.  (Lincoln was 15 in. long when he was born)

amazing picture of our baby boy at 27w 5d


Symptoms:  symptoms haven't changed much in the past couple weeks.  My hip pain isn't as bad.  Just depends on my day.  Lots of Braxton Hicks.  But they aren't doing anything.  My sonogram this week showed that my cervix hasn't changed.  So that was a relief.  My mfm dr. cleared me from any more sonograms unless  my ob sees another reason to have more.  So as much as I love seeing my baby every 5 weeks, I'm glad I don't have a reason to keep seeing him.  


Weight: 23 lbs.

Movement: All the time.  I have active boys from the get go, what can I say?  Just bracing myself for it all :)

Sleep: Sleep is hit or miss.  I've been having restless legs as soon as I get into bed which makes it hard to fall asleep but once I'm out I sleep decently enough.

Cravings/aversions/eating:  At my sonogram they measured the fluid around baby.  And guess what, looks like I don't have "excessive" fluid but if it becomes excessive then it could put pressure on my cervix and cause preterm labor.  So he told me to avoid carbs or mainly simple carbs.  The sugars.  Awesome.  And guess what I've been eating tons of and is full of sugar?  Watermelon.  Ugh.  Why on why?  It's SO good! 

Clothes:  I can't wear any pants that have the low maternity band.  Baby is SO low.  It hurts.  I can't bend over in them.  So now I need to go shopping...

Random:  I had an awful day with Lincoln today.  It'd be nice to just sit down with a glass of wine tonight but then I realized that the reason I can't drink that wine is because I'm growing another little human inside me who will probably one day do the same thing.  Oh boy....  :)

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you look that big!! You do look fabulous and you're glowing! I always get those terrible comments telling me I'm so huge, I must be having twins, I must be due soon, I haven't had the baby yet?? Jeesh. Don't listen. You look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://wantingababymaas.blogspot.com/2009/10/week-28.html

    THIS is what 28 weeks looks like with multiples. Tell those people to stick it. You look perfect. You are growing a very healthy boy & THAT is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! People! If I am ever lucky enough to become pregnant, I would be over the moon to look as good as you look!

    ReplyDelete